Chicken in tomato sauce with parmesan cheese (in Polish with Google Translate)
BLT-rific Mac and Cheese by DashIngredients:3 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
4 1/2 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) uncooked high-fiber penne pasta
2 large yellow summer squash
3 cups chopped spinach leaves
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
2 slices fat-free cheddar cheese
4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
Salt and black pepper (optionalDIRECTIONS:
1. Cook bacon until crispy, either in a large skillet over medium heat or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (See package for cook time.) Crumble or chop.
2. In a medium-large pot, cook pasta per package instructions, about 8 minutes. Drain and cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, cut squash into pieces similar in size to penne, about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick. Bring a large skillet spritzed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add squash, cover, and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally uncovering to stir. Add spinach and tomato to skillet, re-cover, and continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove cover and stir until spinach has wilted, tomato is soft, and most excess liquid has cooked off, about 3 minutes.
4. Drain excess liquid, stir cooked veggies into pasta, and cover to keep warm. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix sour cream, cheese slices, and cheese wedges, breaking slices and wedges into pieces as you add them. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir thoroughly. Microwave for another 30 seconds or until fully melted. Mix until smooth. Add cheese mixture to veggies and pasta. Stir to coat. Top with bacon.KITCHEN COUNTER:Serves 4. Per Serving: 250 calories, 36g carbs, 14g protein, 6g fat, 20mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 6g fiber
Salmon, broccoli and 7-spiced new potatoes
Caramel cake pancake by Fort Mill SC Living
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Whisk together flour and sugar in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drizzle a little canola oil on griddle and carefully spread it over griddle using a paper towel. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto griddle and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook until second side is lightly browned. Remove from griddle and keep warm.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a heavy medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup of sugar and lemon juice and cook until mixture forms a caramel color, stirring constantly. This should take 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once caramel color is achieved, gradually add whipping cream and continue to cook while stirring, another 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth. Use immediately or store in refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
Yield: about 15 pancakes and 1 3/4 cups caramel sauce.